So, it’s been two months since my wedding. Ilang ulit ko binalak na magsulat ulit. Agad-agad. Pero hangang balak na lang. Until today, Byernes Santo, when me and my hubby are staycationing in my mother’s house (we moved to our own apartment).
Honestly, I don’t know what to write about! It happens most of the time. Hihi. I wanted to write something serious like welcoming myself to a new season in life. New season, new topics? Perhaps, something related to Holy Week. Pero next time na yung serious posts. Kung may soft opening, may soft comeback. Haha.
Since I had inquiries on how we pulled off our budget-friendly wedding and since some couples are preparing for their wedding in June, I’ll be sharing our Do-it-yourself decors and other chorvakels.
Our theme was rustic so you will see a lot of burlap, twine, and lace.
Our techy youngest brother did the layout in Photoshop. I just gave him the design and the contents – the entourage list.
My best friend Tine sponsored for the printing of these in hard brown paper. God bless her generous heart.
My friend Aiza took us to Unimart in Greenhills to show us where we can buy paper doilies – all sizes of ’em. We bought the 8″ for Php 12.00 for a dozen. We so love her. (We missed her during the wedding, though, because she was about to leave for the Middle East the next day. Huhu).
We got the twine along Tabora Street in Divisoria. I forgot how much but a lot would only cost less than a Php 100.00. We were able to use the twine in some other stuff. You’ll see later.
Still in Tabora, we were able to score these lovely bottles – three different sizes and designs – for Php 10.00 each. What’s memorable here was the commute from Divi to Cainta because they were so heavy and clinked all the way that we wondered why we bought them in the first place.
Still, it’s worth it. By the way, Love did most of the cutting and gluing. Good job!
We got the lace from Taytay, the Garment Capital, for Php 8.00 per yard.
These are basically empty Sola bottles, burlap, twine, and Baby’s Breath flowers from the local flower shop. Did we buy all those Sola bottles? No, little brother was the tea-junkie. Told him months ahead to save the bottles.
This is handsewn by the bride! Thank God for Home Economics in grade school. I stuffed it with a mix of shredded paper and cloth just to give it a form. I hot glued the lace and the twine in place.
I found two baskets lying around in the house. My sister-in-law used them for their baby shower. I cut out a burlap handle and secured it in place with a hot glue. The lace here looks different because one of our DIY Team members, Tintin, “donated” it. Friends are such blessings!
We saved a few meters of the burlap for this aisle runner. I’m proud to say that my then-fiance painted our initials J & K. Yes, all those burlap (including the ones used for the decors) we got for approximately Php 250.00 in Tabora. (I’m such a lousy blogger – not taking note of the actual costs). Anyway, you can always haggle. It’s Divi!
During our wedding preps, my older brother was having the house renovated. Love and I asked The Carpenters to make us two archs that are not really arching. One for the altar backdrop and one for the reveal.
A reveal is where the bride emerges from just after the whole entourage has marched down.
We bought a few yards of soft cloth and secured them with push pins. We also added a paper flowers cut out of bond paper. Thanks again to our DIY team for conceptualizing and executing this part.
Good job again, Love, for whitewashing the frames by himself.
A friend said that one of the most important items that we should invest on is the boquet because it will be a mainstay in our wedding portrait. But I disliked the thought of spending a minimum of Php3,000.00 for a bunch of thing that withers in a week.
These icings-on-a-birthday-cake looking roses are actually made from felt cloth and wire (alambre).
I bought a yard of pink felt cloth from the mall and a round of wire from the hardware. I had no time to go back to Divi for the cloth so I settled for the pricey ones they have in the mall. Try Divi or Taytay for a better buy.
Me and the team made two sizes of roses from the cloth. How? Sorry, again. Lousy blogger here. Will remake one using the scraps and make step-by-step tutorial. If I don’t post an update soon enough, kindly remind me. 🙂
After making these dainty roses, we made tusok-tusok the pre-cut wires at the bottom of the flower. We also covered the wires with green Japanese paper to make it look like stems. When we finished these, I arranged them into a boquet like this:
Actually, Love was the one who made the final floral arrangement. When we were satisfied, we secured the stems in place with another wire and covered the mid part with.. guess what.. burlap and lace!
That’s me, by the way. I was satisfied with it. 🙂
Sorry, I can’t give you the math on our total savings but if you’ve been meeting with suppliers, you know that most of them cost a fortune. If you have questions, feel free to comment below or send me an email. I’d be more than willing to share more DIY wedding tips.